The other day, I don't know why, I came across this interesting video on youtube because it was an American doing a tutorial on how to make our brazilian cheese bread.
Yeah, That's right!
Brazilian Cheese Bread!
1. Tapioca flour (e.g. Bobs Red Mill) 2 cups
2. Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, 1 3/4 cups (about 8 oz)
3. Eggs, 2 beaten
4. Milk, 1 cup (can be increased to 1.5)
5. Butter (one stick)
6. Salt, one teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (I have used 350-375 also)
2. In the mean time bring the milk, salt, and butter to a boil in a sauce pan while constantly stirring mixture.
3. While milk is boiling, mix beaten eggs with Parmesan cheese in bowl and set aside.
4. Once milk has boiled remove the mixture of milk, salt and butter from heat.
4. Slowly add tapioca flour, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed
5. Add the cheese and eggs mix to the tapioca and milk mix
6. Mix until smooth
7. Fill each mini muffin cup (buttered) all the way up
8. Bake until golden brown, usually about 20 minutes
Eat while hot. Cooked puffs can be stored, in the fridge as long as it's kept covered and then warmed up on a low setting in a toaster oven.